Hacker’s Keyboard v1.34rc8 Hacker’s Keyboard v1.34rc8
Get the latest Android Apps at Mobile Phone Advisor
Requirements: for Android version 2.2 and higher
Overview: Are you missing the key layout you’re used to from your computer? This keyboard has separate number keys, punctuation in the usual places, and arrow keys. It is based on the AOSP Gingerbread soft keyboard, so it supports multitouch for the modifier keys.
A full 5-row keyboard including arrow and Esc/Ctrl keys, intended for tablets.
Are you missing the key layout you’re used to from your computer? This keyboard has separate number keys, punctuation in the usual places, and arrow keys. It is based on the AOSP Gingerbread soft keyboard, so it supports multitouch for the modifier keys.
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices such as the Xoom tablet or Nexus S that don’t have a trackball or D-Pad.
HAVE FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS, OR BUG REPORTS? Please send me email or check the project’s web page using the “Developer” links below. I can’t help you if you leave questions or comments in a Market review since I don’t have any way to contact review authors.
The supported keyboard layouts include:
– Arabic (العربية)
– Bulgarian (български език)
– Czech (Čeština)
– Danish (dansk)
– English Dvorak (language “en_DV”)
– English (QWERTY)
– English/British (en_GB)
– Finnish (Suomi)
– French (Français, AZERTY)
– German (Deutsch, QWERTZ)
– Greek (ελληνικά)
– Hebrew (עברית)
– Italian (Italiano)
– Lao (ພາສາລາວ)
– Norwegian (Norsk bokmål)
– Portugese (Português)
– Romanian (Română)
– Russian (Русский)
– Serbian (Српски)
– Slovak (Slovenčina)
– Slovenian (Slovenščina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian
– Spanish (Español)
– Swedish (Svenska)
– Thai (ไทย)
– Turkish (Türkçe)
– Ukrainian (українська мова)
Completion dictionaries are provided by plug-in packages, see the “other applications by this developer” section for the currently available list. The keyboard also supports use of dictionaries (but not keyboard layouts) provided by AnySoftKeyboard language packs.
Known issues include:
– Localization for the keyboard layout is incomplete, currently the Spanish, Finnish, Lao, Romanian, and Thai are only localized in 4-row mode and show the English QWERTY layout in 5-row mode.
– Some languages and layouts may not be usable on your phone if it lacks the necessary fonts.
– Right-to-left languages (Arabic, Hebrew) are apparently not fully supported on pre-Honeycomb devices, YMMV.
– Many applications don’t react to additional keys since they aren’t programmed to handle them.
– fix sliders in settings for non-US locales (issue 331)
– add “Español (Latinoamérica)” 5-row layout, contributed by Miguel Farah
– add “ñ” key to Spanish 4-row layouts.
This app has no advertisements